* Doorways to most rooms should be at least 32 inches wide (have a 32-inch clear passage), preferably 36 inches wide.
* Light switches should be located within easy reach at the entrance of each room and should be reachable from a seated position (36 to 42 inches from the floor).
* Cabinet doors and drawers should be easy to open. D-shaped handles or magnetic closures are easier to use.
*Storage that includes pullout shelves, baskets, and lazy susans makes items more accessible.
* A bathroom should be located near a bedroom.
*Bathroom doors should be at least 32 inches wide and open out so that if a person falls in the bathroom they do not block the door.
* Bathrooms with clear floor space, at least 5 feet by 5 feet, can be easier for persons in wheelchairs to use.
Free Estimate & Consultation
Free in home estimate, consultation & a Free 3D Design for all of your Home modification needs.
Should you have any question you could chat with one of our specialists.
What our Cliets are saying
" I was in need of a professional service to help with the remolding of my new home, M&M Construction completely transformed my home. They are dependable, honest and extremely talented. Calls were returned promptly, fair price were given, and work was finished in a timely fashion. This was truly one stop shopping. I am very happy with their work and highly recommend them. "Rhonda T.